The goal of tax planning is discover how all the elements of your financial plan can be achieved in the most tax efficient way.
- Income Tax Planning identifies actions you can take during any given calendar year to legally defer income, maximize exemptions, deductions, and credits. Annual tax planning prior to year end can help you minimize your tax liability.
- Tax planning for portfolio rebalancing lets you project what your overall tax liability may be if you sold investments in currently taxable accounts as part of annual portfolio rebalancing. The impact of capital gains or losses on taxable income can be evaluated ahead of actually making investment transactions.
- Estate Tax Planning: The American Tax Relief Act of 2012 established a per person estate tax exclusion amount of $5 Million indexed for inflation. Maximum wealth transfer for high net worth individuals and families can be achieved through estate planning strategies that help reduce the estate tax liability. Using charitable gifting techniques may also reduce estate tax liability.
- There are numerous unique tax planning opportunities for
- Net Unrealized Appreciation (NUA) of company stock
- Net investment income tax
- High income individuals
Contact us today to find out how tax planning may benefit you.